This year, the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) celebrated the brightest minds in the hospitality, travel and tourism industries virtually, showing once again the extraordinary resilience of the sector, which is among the hardest hit by the pandemic. HSMAI's Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales, Marketing and Revenue Optimization have shared innovative ideas and overcome obstacles in the preceding 18 months – a historic, unique and challenging time for the hospitality industry. Each of these individuals has exemplified leadership and brilliance in their respective roles.
Nominations for 2020 Top 25 were reviewed by a panel of industry experts selected by HSMAI among its Board of Directors. Judges were held to the highest standards of integrity and commitment to honoring those individuals who have shown extraordinary leadership in the hospitality industry over the last 18 months.
2020 Top 25
- Todd Arviso, Vice President and Commercial Director, Americas Managed Hotels Hilton
- Heather Bailey, CHBA, CHT, CAEHM Senior Director, Worldwide Sales - Hotel Sales Optimization BWH Hotel Group
- Gathan D. Borden, CHDM Vice President, Marketing VisitLEX
- Johnathan Capps, Vice President of Revenue Charlestowne Hotels
- Craig Carbonniere Jr., CHDM Senior Director of Sales Milestone, Inc.
- Dana Cariss, CHDM Vice President, Revenue Strategy and Distribution CoralTree Hospitality
- Sabrina Cendral, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Club Med
- Denise Chapman, Director of Marketing Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort and Club
- Sonali Fernando, Regional Director of Revenue Virgin Hotels
- Elana Friedman, Chief Marketing Officer AKA
- Bettina Garibaldi, Senior Vice President, Managing Director Ketchum - Travel, Hospitality and Leisure
- Griff Garwood, Senior Director, Global Media Marriott International
- Stephanie Glanzer, CMP Chief Sales Officer and Senior Vice President MGM Resorts International
- Michael J. Goldrich, CHDM Global Head of Digital Marketing Club Quarters
- Eliot Hamlisch, EVP, Loyalty and Revenue Optimization Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Rhett Hirko, CRME Global Vice President, Revenue Optimization Preferred Hotels and Resorts
- Sara Joseph, Senior Vice President, Head of Travel and Lifestyle BerlinRosen
- Nicole Lierheimer, Vice President, PR and Communications Accor
- Gissell Moronta, CMP, Vice President, Sales and Marketing Atrium Hospitality
- Staci Olney, Vice President, National Sales Red Roof Inns, Inc.
- Shawn Paley, Senior Director, MDS Studio Marriott International
- Eve Paré, President and CEO AHGM
- Peter Ricci, CHA, CHSE, CRME, EDD, CHBA, Director, Hospitality and Tourism Management Program Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
- Anne Sayers, Acting Secretary Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- David Warman, Principal Red House Strategy
- Cesar Wurm, Vice President, Commercial and Revenue Management, CMH IHG