Brand USA has launched an exciting new and revitalized website, VisitTheUSA.com, welcoming prospective international visitors to explore the endless travel opportunities in the USA.
With social media serving as a key force in travel planning, Brand USA has designed VisitTheUSA.com as a consumer website to include a social-first approach, which fosters a deeper relationship with viewers through the use of vibrant videos, compelling content and cutting-edge mobile functionality. While exploring expanded itineraries, travelers will see how many unique destinations and attractions they can experience in a single trip to the US.
Brand USA produced 15 versions of the new website in eight different languages, with each international market accessing a customized version in the home country language. The site offers a personalized online experience, engaging with others and receiving and sharing content across social media uniquely localized uniquely to them. The gaming section “Choose Your Adventure” tailors the visitor’s experience by recognizing search patterns of the user and providing intuitive trip recommendations.
Visitors can explore a section spotlighting destinations in the USA. Or they can visualize their ideal journey based on their interests, review must-see places or find travel ideas which inspire them.
Brand USA also worked with its destination partners to ensure the revamped website includes extensive local content for travelers to have a one-stop location to explore their passions, desires and their spontaneous side instead of relying on a checklist.
• Thousands of new vibrant photos and immersive videos, designed to engage and inspire visitors.
• A re-imagined “Trips” section, which breaks down each journey stop-by- stop, offers visuals and details and suggests travel time, distance and themes.
• An interactive quiz module, “Choose Your Adventure,” which allows users to select their preferred travel style and serves up related content from the entire website.
• Content associated both by themes and locations, allowing users to easily view based on their interest.
• State pages featuring cities, key airports and must-see locations.
• City pages offering seasonal weather, key airports, annual events and Trip Advisor ratings for top things to do.
• User-generated Instagram content.
• A tap to save “heart” icon, which stores favorite stories and generates a unique URL to share via social media.
• Google Maps, integrated throughout the website.
• Travel information, updated with the latest detail and vetted with the U.S. government.
In the past three years, Brand USA’s marketing efforts have generated more than three million incremental international visitors to the United States, benefiting the U.S. economy with nearly $21 billion in total economic impact and supporting an average of 50,000 incremental jobs a year, according to a study released by Oxford Economics.
As the number one services export for the U.S., tourism to the U.S. currently supports 1.8 million American jobs (directly and indirectly) and benefits virtually every sector of the country’s economy.
Image: screenshot of the new website. Video: Pikas Film on YouTube